Monday, April 7, 2008

Course Reflections: Meredith

This class has been a very exciting learning experience for me. It has given me exposure to my neighborhood that I probably wouldn't have searched for on my own. One of my favorite classes was when Alice Powers came in and talked at length about the history of the 14th street corridor, as well as some of the general DC area's history. As a three-year resident of DC and a neighbor of the 14th street corridor, it was really interesting to learn about the local history.
In addition, this is is the first course I've taken in the MA Interior Design program in which our designs are actually executed. This, especially, is a very exciting time, since the concepts for our designs have been picked by the stores, and we really get to focus on one particular design. I like the hands-on environment in which we find ourselves, and am extremely excited to see how all four windows turn out. I'm also looking forward to showing off all our designs at our unveiling party on May 2nd, and celebrating our accomplishments!

No comments: